After having worked on international scene as a performer for the last 25 years, I am nowadays, facilitating breathing, movement and voice journeys around Europe.
Committed to creating accessible, inclusive and nourishing practices, I am since years, sharing my energy and experience with groups of actors, dancers, disabled people, architects, amateurs…
I progress a continuous tending toward the consolidation and deepening of human exchanges by rediscovering the magic simplicity of the senses and using those to allow the emergence of an intimate, soft but powerful individual comfort zone .
As a massage practitioner, I developed my own treatment-method incorporating 25 years of various dance and movement experience into my hands-on practice of swedish massage, Thaï Table massage, deep-tissue, trigger point therapy and foot reflexology based on the Massage Program I graduated from (ITM, Thai Hand, Berlin).
Strength and delicacy, a giving and receiving, a flow of movements and rhythms inviting the muscles to surrender, a relaxing deep work.
I live in Berlin.
Joris Camelin has been traveling from Circus school to Contemporary Dance, passing through several
years of classical singing training, Ballet, Tango and mime.
He studied Musicology in Nice University, where he started to dance.
Performing, voicing, questioning the body movement and the relation to the audience and
surrounding, he participated in many improvisation performances in non-conventional outdoor spaces,
He began his career as a professional dancer in Hannover with Frederic Flamand and since has worked in several projects with such choreographers as:
Daelik Hackenbrook, Mark Tompkins, Constanza Macras, Jeremy Wade, Iztok Kovaz, Ingo Reulecke, Sabine Glenz , An Kaler.
Since 2008 Joris Camelin has worked amongst others with Meg Stuart ("Mauser","Do Animals Cry")
and Laurent Chetouane (Faust I, "tanzstück #4: leben wollen (zusammen)”, "Hommage an das Zaudern",”Sacré Sacre”).
- Watching me watching you.
- In between silences
- Moved by voice/ Touched by Voice
factories, Museums (Kunst und ausstellungshalle-Bonn, Louvres-Paris,Festival ArtDanthe-Vanves,
Collegium Hungaricum-Berlin, TanzFabrik-Berlin, medicin Museum-Copenhagen).
- Tanzfähig, Making a Difference, SophienSaele/Tanzfabrik, an inclusive project.
- Beaux-arts University, Paris.
- Soundance Festival Berlin.
- Technischen Universität Berlin für Landschaftsarchitektur Studienten.
- Grotowski institute Wroclaw Poland.
- TanzFabrik-Berlin, K3-Hamburg, Oslo International Acting Festival, Metodi Festival-Italy,
- Toneelacademie-Maastricht, NISS Theatre School-Oslo,
- Centre National de la Danse-Lyon,
- Actors Coach: National Theater-Oslo, “Shakespeare Sonnets”. Schauspiel Stuttgart, Antigone(director Laurent Chetouane).
Mentor: Platform for Artistic Research-Köln 2015 and 2016.
Assistant dance Biennale di Venezia,”Gravities”(Laurent Chetouane)
Musicians coach: Solistenensemble Kaleidoskop , “Kaleidoskopville”.